This recipe is one of our family's very favorites. If you don't need to eat gluten free, you can substitute regular all-purpose flour.
--1 cup gluten-free flour
--1/2 c. butter, room temperature or softened
--1/4 c. powdered sugar
--1/4 tsp. vanilla
--1/4 tsp. salt
--2 large eggs + 1 large egg yolk
--1 c. sugar
--2 T. gluten-free flour
--1/4 c. lemon juice
--1 T. grated lemon zest
--1 tsp. powdered sugar (to taste)
1. Preheat oven to 350 F and grease 8x8 pan.
2. Place 1 c. flour and the butter in a bowl and mash until thoroughly combined.
3. Mix in 1/4 c. powdered sugar, vanilla, and salt. Mix until looks like cookie dough.
4. Moisten your fingers with a little water and press dough into bottom of dish. Use a fork to prick holes all over crust.
5. Bake crust center rack until edges are golden brown, ~22 minutes.
6. Meanwhile, beat egg and egg yolks together in bowl. Whisk in sugar and 2 T. flour until smooth.
7. Add remaining flour, lemon juice, and lemon zest; mix 2 minutes. Pour over crust.
8. Bake on center rack until custard is set, ~25 minutes.
9. Cool before cutting. Dip knife in hot water to cut. Dust with powdered sugar and serve.